Russian co Altek to own 60% of Dimona silica factory

Construction of the factory will take two years. 1,200 workers will be employed in construction, and the factory will have 200 employees.

Sources inform “Globes” that that Russian industrial concern Altek will own 60% of the new silica factory to be built in Dimona. Altek has 15,000 employees. Ephraim Feinblum, who initiated the venture, will own the other 40%.

"Globes" reported on Wednesday that Feinblum was heading a group of investors who would establish a new silica factory in Dimona, at a cost of $50 million.

The factory cornerstone will be laid next week.

Silica is used in the phosphates industry to produce three products: embedded silica as a raw material for the rubber, food, metals, batteries, and cosmetics industries; calcisilicate for the ceramics, plastics, and paint industries; and calcisilicate for the paper industry.

Feinblum said construction of the factory would take two years. 1,200 workers will be employed in construction, and the factory will have 200 employees. All production will be exported. Feinblum said this was the first factory to be established in Dimona in 15 years.

Published by Globes [online] - www.globes.co.il - on January 22, 2004

5 Comments
View comments in rows
Update by email about comments talkback
POST
Comments
Twitter Facebook Linkedin RSS Newsletters גלובס Israel Business Conference 2018